Here is a list of potential opportunities for the child life intern. These are in addition to the basic internship requirements.
- Child life professional development inservices.
- Child life case study discussions.
- In-hospital educational inservices.
- Care conferences on individual patients.
- Site visits to other child life departments.
- School visits.
- Informational interviews with other multidisciplinary team members.
- Participation in support groups and /or dialogue with staff who facilitate them.
- Exposure to hospital wide committees and family-centered care programs
- Participation in production of closed-circuit TV show “Kids Clubhouse”