About Neurosurgery at Children’s
Innovations in neurology and neurosurgery have greatly improved the quality of life for children with neurological conditions. The neurosurgery team at Children's is committed to the constant pursuit of better care for these children through adoption of the latest techniques, training and technology including:
- 3 Tesla MRI system
- Intra-operative MRI
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Advanced brain mapping for patients with epilepsy and brain tumors
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery techniques
Your child’s surgery team
At Children’s, your child’s surgery is performed by a team of professionals who specialize in the unique needs of children. Because you know your child best, your child’s team considers you to be a part of your child’s care. Care includes the latest in neurosurgical techniques, technology, and training and pain is managed by an interdisciplinary pain management team.
Your child’s team considers you to be part of your child’s care, because you know your child best.
Joseph Petronio, MD, joins Children’s
Children's is proud to welcome Joseph Petronio, MD, to its neurosurgery program. Dr. Petronio has performed neurosurgery at Children’s and other Twin Cities hospitals since 1999.
In this new role, he will lead the neurosurgery program at Children's - St. Paul to enhance the services and capabilities already available.
Resources for families:
Neurosurgery is performed at the following Children’s locations:
- If you are a family member looking for a Children’s neurosurgeon and/or neurologist, please visit Find a Doctor.
- If you are a health professional looking for a neurosurgery consultation or referral information, please call Children's Physician Access at 1-866-755-2121 (toll-free).