A message of gratitude
The start of the New Year is the perfect time to appreciate all those who give meaning to our lives. For the kids and families at Children’s, there is no question that this includes our friends, partners and donors. Without committed and outstanding supporters, Children’s would not be Children’s. Gifts of time, talent and philanthropy have helped ensure countless kids continue to receive the absolute best in family-centered pediatric care and services.
Time and again our partners have shown us that even the smallest expressions of humanity and gratitude can help us achieve amazing things for amazing children in both St. Paul and Minneapolis.
Because of our community of support…
- Mary Kay and her twin girls Clair and Reese, born 85 days early, can be cared for together in the new Special Care Nursery rooms at The Mother Baby Center in Minneapolis, facilitating the bonding process and letting parents be an important part of the care team.
- Twin Cities teen Adrianna can receive the highest quality care from pediatric specialists in the Level I trauma center in Minneapolis after suffering a concussion at a weekend basketball tournament, as well as follow-up care to ensure there are no long-term consequences.
- Yesica, who was diagnosed with type I diabetes at age 11, has access to private patients rooms on the medical/surgical unit in St. Paul, so her mom and dad can stay close in a welcoming and comfortable space anytime her chronic condition requires maintenance.
- Leonard, a Children’s volunteer for the past 27 years, can utilize the new CHA Storyland Garden on the rooftop in St. Paul to help children experience healing through plant therapy activities.
- Mason can stay close to his parents and little sister who recently had surgery, while still being able to be a kid and have fun in the new sibling play area of the Teammates for Kids Child Life Zone in St. Paul.
- Our doctors can, for the first time ever, use an MRI guided laser to help Gavin fight a brain tumor he nicknamed Joe Bully and receive the highest quality patient care in the new Karen and George Benz Family Pediatric Neuroscience Center in St. Paul.
We are proud to be part of a community that has done so much to ensure the best possible future for our children. We wish you and your family a healthy and joyful New Year.