The Minnesota Sudden Infant Death Center is available for information, guidance and support. The Center directs a statewide information and counseling network. It is dedicated to supporting all those who experience the sudden death of an infant from any cause by providing counseling, information, and broad-based education.
The goals of the Center are:
- Identify cases of sudden, unexpected infant death in Minnesota
- Reach out with information and support to bereaved families
- Participate in research
- Educate professionals and the public about sudden unexpected infant death
- Promote risk reduction strategies
The Center coordinates an extensive statewide consultation and information network so local resources are better equipped to serve families.
- Support groups
- Referral to public health nurses
- Quarterly newsletter
- Education programs and materials