Articles, research findings, and news announcements about SIDS and other issues related to infant death.
- Star Tribune series - Infant deaths in child care settings. Read
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) sues Nap Nanny. Read
- Retailers voluntarily stop selling Nap Nanny after 5 infant deaths. Read
- National Institutes of Health expand "Back to Sleep" to "Safe Seep" campaign. Read
- Review of Child Deaths in Minnesota Licensed Family Child Care Homes [PDF]
- Arms Reach Concepts recalls bed side sleeper due to entrapment, suffocation and fall hazards. Read
AAP expands guidelines for infant sleep safety and SIDS Risk Reduction. [PDF]
March 2011 - 34th National Compassionate Friends Conference will be held July 15-17 2011 at the Sheraton Hotel, Minneapolis South in Bloomington. This conference will include nationally renowned speakers, over 100 workshops, sharing sessions, picture buttons, hospitality rooms, memory boards, and a national Walk to Remember. For more information or to register go to compassionatefriends.org.
Breast feeding and SIDS risk reduction - A recent research review published in on line Pediatrics, Vol 128, Number 1, July 2011, found that breast feeding is protective against SIDS and that this effect is stronger when breast feeding is exclusive.
Advances in SIDS Research
From KARE-11: Dr. Patrick Carolan of the Minnesota Sudden Infant Death Center at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota responds to recent research findings about sudden infant death syndrome, and a Minneapolis mom discusses her family's tragic loss. (Feb. 2, 2010) Watch video »