Going into a rehabilitation/health care career & looking for extra dollars to finance your education? We encourage you to apply for this year’s EMPOWER (Encourage Minority Participation in Occupations with Emphasis on Rehabilitation) Scholarship, sponsored by the Courage Center. Recipients of this scholarship will receive $1500.00 toward their higher education in health care.
- Applicants must be ethnically diverse students accepted to or enrolled in a higher learning institution.
- Applicants must be a Minnesota or western Wisconsin (St. Croix, Pierce, Polk, or Burnett counties) resident.
- Volunteer involvement in the community is required. Applicants must have demonstrated interest in a medical or rehabilitation field by having volunteer involvement in a health care environment.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is required.
- The application can be found on the web at www.CourageCenter.org. Click on “Volunteer,” then click on “EMPOWER Scholarship.”
- Applicants should also demonstrate financial need.
Please contact Aurea Patterson in Volunteer Services at the Courage Center with any additional questions: