All Children’s employees, professional staff and volunteers are invited to a patient safety discussion, “Current Issues Impacting Patient Safety,” on May 12 from 8:30-9:30 a.m. in the Children’s-Minneapolis Education Center.
The featured presenter will be Michael Leonard, M.D. He is a faculty member at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), a Principal at Pascal Metrics, and the former Physician Leader for Patient Safety at Kaiser Permanente. At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective leadership behaviors within an organization to improve safety culture and drive improvement.
- Learn how safety culture measurements can be used to drive improved quality and collaboration among caregivers.
- Appreciate how communication failures are the root cause of the overwhelming majority of unanticipated adverse events in health care.
- Learn about the value of specific teamwork behaviors and tools to enhance communication and improve the delivery of safe care.
- Appreciate the inherent clinical value of having a structured and consistent approach to the interpretation of clinical information and responding to such.
- Learn that there are valuable metrics that can guide our journey to excellence in clinical care.
We invite you to join this discussion on patient safety!