Children’s Volunteer Services presents:
Buds in Scrubs!
1. Meet Cheryl:
Cheryl is an RN on the 6th floor at Children’s—Minneapolis. She has been at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota for 23 years! Cheryl utilizes Volunteer Services with many of her patients, offering them some one-on-one playtime outside of their medical care.
2. Favorite thing to do outside of work?
“Hanging out with friends and family!”
3. Do you have any kids or pets of your own?
“Sadly, I do not currently have any pets.”
4. What is your favorite book and/or movie?
“My favorite movie is The Sound of Music.”
5. Who was your hero as a kid?
6. Who is your hero now?
“All of my co-workers here; they do awesome work!”
7. If you could create a new candy bar, what would be in it and what would you name it?
“Chocolate, caramel and Macadamia Nuts: I would call it a ‘Maui Bar.’”
8. What do you love most about your job at Children’s?
“The kids and families!”
9. Share a work experience involving volunteers:
“I remember having a very busy assignment one day, and a patient with no parents here. This one volunteer hung out with this toddler for at least 3 hours and made him very happy! She was so great with him! Volunteers really help us on the floors so much every day! I can’t imagine our hospital without them!”
Thank you, Cheryl! Your passion for nursing (and the patients & families that we serve) is evident!