Children’s Volunteer Services presents:
Buds in Scrubs!
1. Meet Christy:
“My name is Christy Gotto. I have been a registered nurse here at Children’s for seven and a half years, first starting on 7th Floor and now (for the last couple of years) in the NICU!” Christy is a wonderful supporter of our volunteers, finding them plenty of kiddos to play with!
2. Favorite thing to do outside of work?
“I love to cook, bake, and (of course!) spend time with my family.”
3. Do you have any kids or pets of your own?
“We have one son, Liam, who is almost 3 years old, and a new baby on the way next May. We also have two dogs, Maverick and Dakota, who are 8 and 10 years old.”
4. What is your favorite book and/or movie?
“My favorite movie is Top Gun.”
5. Who was your hero as a kid?
6. Who is your hero now?
“My grandmother, Eleanor.”
7. If you could create a new candy bar, what would be in it and what would you name it?
“These are difficult questions. It would be called ‘A Whole Lot of Goodness,’ and contain all of my favorites: dark chocolate, coconut, caramel and pecans.”
8. What do you love most about your job at Children’s?
“I love being able to make a difference in some shape or form for our families and patients, even if it is just to make them smile for the first time that day.”
9. Share a work experience involving volunteers:
“One of our volunteers, Tom, came by almost every shift he volunteered to rock one of our older babies in the NICU that did not have family consistently here to be with her. Her eyes lit up every time she saw him and he rocked her, which was her very favorite part of the day.”
Thank you, Christy, for all that you do to support and encourage our volunteers!