Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Type 1 diabetes screening
- 02.22.14 | 07.00 AM - 10.30 AM
- Mall of America - Bloomington
The McNeely Pediatric Diabetes Center is part of an international research network called Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet. We are currently screening relatives of individuals with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) to see if they are at risk for developing the disease. The TrialNet research study offers a blood test that can identify increased risk for T1D up to 10 years before symptoms appear.
TrialNet offers screening to anyone:
- Age 1-45 with a parent, brother, sister, or child with T1D
- Age 1-20 with a niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, grandparent, half-brother/sister, or cousin with T1D
On Saturday, Feb 22 from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Children’s will be hosting a screening event at the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. The event will take place in Sears Court at the Mall of America. There is no fee to participate.
Principal Investigator: Jennifer Kyllo, MD
For more information or to refer eligible families, please contact Brittany Machus, Clinical Research Associate, at [email protected] or 651-220-5730.
- Mall of America
EventList powered by schlu.net