Thank you for supporting the kids in your community by hosting a fundraiser for Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. This is a great opportunity to show your dedication to local causes and important organizations. Your gifts will directly benefit the kids we care for from your community and throughout the Upper Midwest, and help us turn no child away, ever. Getting your community involved is the key to success, and we encourage you to invite family, friends and neighbors to help you help kids and to further Children's mission.
Here are some of the ways for you to support the kids in your community:
- Birthday party – Join Children's Cake & Candles birthday club!
- Special event dedication – Birthdays, Bat/Bar Mitzvahs, engagement parties, weddings, showers and more are all occasions for joy and celebration. The following are ways you can use a special occasion in your life to give back: invite guests to make a donation to Children's; make a donation in honor of your guests; or create a special fundraising page to share with your family and friends.
- Host an event – Anyone, from kids to corporations, patient families to volunteer groups, can plan an event benefitting Children's. All of the proceeds from these events can go to the area of the hospital that you feel is important. The type of event is up to you! Golf events, runs/walks, happy hours, dance-a-thons – the possibilities are endless. Be creative!
- Create a fundraising page – Visit giveMN.org to create a fundraising page for your special event, to honor a family member or friend, or to create awareness of your fundraiser. This is a great opportunity for out-of-town friends to contribute to your cause. We would be happy to help you create your fundriasing page.
- Give in honor of someone – Make a gift in honor of someone who has made an impact on your life. A teacher, grandparent, friend or anyone who deserves an extra special acknowledgement of the wonderful things they do.
- Cause related marketing – Invite your customers and community to help support Children's. This is a great opportunity to show your dedication to local causes and important organizations. Find out more about this opportunity.
- Yard/garage sale – Make it a neighborhood event! Then donate a portion or all of the proceeds to Children's.
- Bake sale – Everyone loves something sweet! This is a great fundraiser for a faith organization, school or service group.
- Plant sale – Stock up gardens in the spring, sell pumpkins in the fall and poinsettias over the holidays as a way to bring cheer to your community.
- Lemonade stand – A fun and easy way for kids to give back during the summer months! Keep their math skills in shape and teach them about giving back.
- Your great idea!