Giving News & Highlights
- Published on Thursday, 01 November 2012 10:17
- Written by Allison Balfanz
Thank you so much to everyone who had a part in making the Starry Night event a huge success. It was an enchanting evening full of inspirational art, amazing performances and touching stories.
With over 280 guest in attendance and a total of over $236,000 raised for the Arts & Healing program at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, we are able to provide arts programming for patients and families being treated at the hospitals. Programming includes music therapy, creative play and visual arts.
- Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 15:05
- Written by Allison Balfanz
On Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, Children’s will be participating in Minnesota’s day of philanthropy, Give to the Max Day, in hopes of raising over $100,000 for our patients and families. With your help, we can reach our ambitious goal!
Here are three easy ways you can participate in Give to the Max Day:
1. Make a gift to your favorite program! Your support on Nov. 15 helps us help kids, leverages matching gift opportunities and positions Children’s among the top charities in Minnesota when 50,000 donors are making gifts. Give via childrensMN.org/max. To choose the program your gift is supporting, click “Designate this donation for a specific cause” during the donation process and write in the program’s name.
2. Reach out to your networks: Encourage your friends and family to join you in supporting Children’s on November 15 by making a gift on childrensMN.org/max. You can designate your gift to the program of your choice and matching funds will be available, helping to maximize each gift that is made!
3. Join in Children’s Instagram challenge: Beginning October 15, Children’s is offering community members an opportunity to share their most inspiring Instagram photos via Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Learn more on the Kid's Health blog!
Thank you for considering partnering with Children’s on Give to the Max Day! Together, we will do great things of Minnesota’s kids and families!
- Published on Friday, 28 September 2012 08:18
- Written by Allison Balfanz
Join us for Children's Starry Night event
Creative arts – particularly painting – have always been an important part of 10-year-old Angelina Wollan’s life. Yet, never did Angelina, or her family, imagine just how important the arts could be in her healing journey.
- Published on Monday, 01 October 2012 08:45
- Written by Kiirsten Preble
There are a lot of deals & events happening around the Twin Cities this October. We would be thrilled if you could join us for one, some or all of them!
STEELE Fitness - Oct. 5 - 13, Minneapolis
In celebration of their new location in downtown Minneapolis, STEELE Fitness will be donating a portion of proceeds from fitness package and retail sales to Children's! Find out more about their opening week festivities including complimentary classes, giveaways and more.
Cole's Cause - Saturday, Oct. 6, Rogers
This family friendly event is featuring live music by two local bands and a silent auction! All proceeds will benefit the neuroscience center at Children's. Visit our website to find out more.
Starry Night - Friday, Oct. 12, Minneapolis
Join us for an enchanting evening to support and fund a year of arts programming, like music therapy, creative play and visual arts, for patients and families being treated at Children's. Starry Night brings together people passionate about children, healing and the arts and will feature silent and live auctions, dinner and live performances. Visit the Starry Night website for more information or to register to attend.
Grand Ave sCares for Kids - Oct. 18-28, St. Paul
Join the Grand Avenue Business Association and its members in raising funds for Children's. Find out how businesses are participating and how you can be a part of it! And don't forget to join us for Boo Bash on Saturday, Oct. 27. This family fun event features a children's costume contest, pony rides and so much more!
Caribou Coffee - All October, multiple locations
Throughout October, Children's is teaming up with Caribou Coffee, and their patrons, to help patient families by providing a premium cup of coffee and a moment to escape the day-to-day stress of being in the hospital. Click here to view participating locations.
MorningStar Coffee - All fall season, multiple locations
Enjoy delicious coffee while doing good! All fall, MorningStar Coffee will be donating 15% of the proceeds from their cans of coffee to Children's. Find out more, including where MorningStar Coffee is sold.
- Published on Wednesday, 26 September 2012 13:42
- Written by Annie Waters
The mixed emotions experienced by kids at the start of a new school year are many times similar to the emotions experienced by pediatric patients returning to school after a lengthy hospital stay or following a new medical diagnosis. At Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, we strive to make going back to school easier for kids through our School Re-entry Program.
Heading back to school each fall is often an exciting time for kids and their parents - but, it can also be a time of anxiety and nervousness.
Through the support of generous donors like you, Children’s child life specialists are able to help patients successfully transition back to school by:
Visiting classrooms to share information about the student’s diagnosis
- Teaching classmates respectful ways to discuss and ask questions about a health issue
- Dismissing the fears of a patient’s peers, decreasing the likelihood of rumors and teasing
- Sharing helpful tips on how classmates, friends and community members can be supportive, no matter what the outcome.
This year, Children’s child life specialists have made nearly 100 visits to schools and communities in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Without individual donors like you, and corporate partners like Great Clips, these visits would not be possible!
Thank you for helping kids in our community enjoy a successful journey back to school, all year long.