Target Audience: Physicians responsible for the care of neonates
*(Courses are also offered at the Simulation Center for hospital or clinic groups).
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. List the three primary signs used for evaluation of the newborn during resuscitation.
2. State the effect oxygen has on pulmonary blood flow after birth and why hypoxia causes problems during newborn transition.
3. List in correct sequence the initial steps in resuscitation of the newborn.
4. Describe the management of a newborn with meconium.
5. Demonstrate the correct preparation and method of administration for epinephrine and volume expanders and how to assess for effectiveness.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of neonatal resuscitation by successfully completing the NRP written evaluation.
7. Demonstrate appropriate resuscitation procedures in proper sequence for a compromised newborn.
The next scheduled NRP Provider Course will be on June 27, 2013 from 6-9:30 pm. The course will be held at the Children's Simulation Center, 2424 Territorial Road in St Paul. Cost for the course is $150.
CME and NRP Completion Cards will be awarded following course completion.
, Neonatal Outreach Liasion, to register for this course or be put on a waiting list for upcoming courses. For more information and to register, contact