Physicians responsible for the care of neonates
*(Courses are also offered at the Simulation Center for hospital or clinic groups).
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. List the three primary signs used for evaluation of the newborn during resuscitation.
2. State the effect oxygen has on pulmonary blood flow after birth and why hypoxia causes problems during newborn transition.
3. List in correct sequence the initial steps in resuscitation of the newborn.
4. Describe the management of a newborn with meconium.
5. Demonstrate the correct preparation and method of administration for epinephrine and volume expanders and how to assess for effectiveness.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of neonatal resuscitation by successfully completing the NRP written evaluation.
7. Demonstrate appropriate resuscitation procedures in proper sequence for a compromised newborn.
The course will be held at the Children's Simulation Center, 2424 Territorial Road in St Paul. Cost for the course is $150.
Dates and registration for the 2015 Neonatal Resuscitation Program Provider Course can be found here.