STABLE is a one-day course that provides general guidelines for the assessment and stabilization of sick infants in the post resuscitation/pre-transport period.
Target Audience: Neonatal nurses.
1. Identify neonatal risk factors, symptoms and treatment for hypoglycemia.
2. State the detrimental effects of hypothermia.
3. Describe basic evaluation of neonatal respiratory distress.
4. Identify types and signs of shock in sepsis.
5. Describe the clinical signs of sepsis.
6. Describe ways hospital caregivers can support parents of sick newborns.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. 7.5 continuing nursing education hours.