Children’s Home Care and Hospice
Children’s home care program provides family-oriented pediatric care that enables children to be treated in the comfort and convenience of their homes. The home care program provides both short-term and highly specialized, long-term care for children who are medically fragile and technologically dependent. The home care program has access to all of Children’s support services. When Home Care pharmacy is involved, pharmacists work closely with the family and nurses to assure safe and effective medication delivery.
Intermittent Home Care Nursing Visits by RNs with specialized pediatric and community health nursing expertise:
- Perform comprehensive skilled nursing assessments of the child’s physical condition, family’s psychosocial functioning and environmental risk factors.
- Develop and coordinate a home care plan with the family and health care team.
- Provide skilled nursing care treatments and procedures such as lab work, infusion therapy, transfusions, catheterizations, respiratory treatments, pulse oximetry, and blood glucose monitoring.
- Provide patient/family teaching around disease process, nutrition, medication, pain and symptom management, health promotion, safety issues and discharge planning.
Hospice Care - A full multi-disciplinary team including child and family, physician, nurse, chaplain, social worker, child life specialist and volunteers specially trained to provide pediatric hospice services.
Pediatric Nursing Infusion Services - Antibiotics, pain management, blood products, diabetic management, hydration, parenteral and enteral nutrition, chemotherapy.
On-Call Services - Children’s Home Care and Hospice provides on-call services 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. After office hours, please call (612) 813-6246 to reach the on-call nurse or pharmacist.
Pharmacy Services - Home infusion medications and supplies for pain management, hydration, parenteral and enteral nutrition, chemotherapy and antibiotic therapy.
- Medicare-Medicaid Certification
- "The Joint Commission" (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations)
- MN Class D Hospice License
- MN Class A Professional Home Health Agency License