Children’s Home Care and Hospice
Children's Home Care and Hospice services include:
Intermittent Home Care Nursing Visits by RNs with specialized pediatric and community health nursing expertise:
- Perform comprehensive skilled nursing assessments of the child’s physical condition, family’s psychosocial functioning and environmental risk factors.
- Develop and coordinate a home care plan with the family and health care team.
- Provide skilled nursing care treatments and procedures such as lab work, infusion therapy, transfusions, catheterizations, respiratory treatments, pulse oximetry, and blood glucose monitoring.
- Provide patient/family teaching around disease process, nutrition, medication, pain and symptom management, health promotion, safety issues and discharge planning.
Hospice Care - A full multi-disciplinary team including child and family, physician, nurse, chaplain, social worker, child life specialist and volunteers specially trained to provide pediatric hospice services.
Pediatric Nursing Infusion Services - Antibiotics, pain management, blood products, diabetic management, hydration, parenteral and enteral nutrition, chemotherapy.
On-Call Services - Children’s Home Care and Hospice provides on-call services 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. After office hours, please call (612) 813-6246 to reach the on-call nurse or pharmacist.
Pharmacy Services - Home infusion medications and supplies for pain management, hydration, parenteral and enteral nutrition, chemotherapy and antibiotic therapy.
- Medicare-Medicaid Certification
- JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations)
- MN Class D Hospice License
- MN Class A Professional Home Health Agency License