Children's Outreach Department
In their role developing and maintaining positive relationships with metro and regional physicians, nurses, hospital leaders and other providers, Children's outreach team members serve as a valuable resource, personal contact and essential link to Children's.
Outreach Team Services
- Assist groups with educational needs assessment and fulfill speaking opportunities for clinical audiences through the Children's Speakers Bureau. Includes lunch-and-learn events, case reviews and hands-on nursing skill development.
- Personal visits to physicians, nursing leaders, hospitals and clinics to provide recent news from Children's, referral information, and navigation assistance
- Coordinate tours for health professionals of Children's Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Minnetonka locations
- Manage on-line consultation services: Ask a Specialist.
- Arrange meetings with Children's specialists and administrative leaders
- Answer questions, gather feedback, and assist in issue resolution
- Share existing resources including policies, care guidelines, clinical tools, and family education materials for your patients.
- Facilitate nurse-shadowing opportunities where a nurse can spend a shift observing patient care at Children's.
- Facilitate mini-fellowship opportunities for practicing physicians to refresh, or enhance clinical skills through a defined education experience.
- Neonatal and pediatric customized training and certification courses.