- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for patients at Children's.
- Facilitating effective communication in health care across linguistic and cultural differences.
- Includes all spoken languages and American Sign Language (ASL).
- Professional ASL, Hmong, Laotian, Somali, and Spanish interpreters on staff.
- Consultation to both the health care team and patients on culturally specific values, beliefs, health practices, and communication styles.
- Free sign language and video interpreters, TTYs and other services are available to deaf and hard-of-hearing persons. Ask us for help or contact the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Communications Coordinator at 612-813-5826 (voice/TTY).
If you are a new interpreter yourself, you are required to read our orientation document, Interpreters' Orientation to Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, before interpreting for our patients and families.