Step 1: Basic information
To begin, you will be asked to fill out a form with basic information about yourself: your name, city, and e-mail address. The latter is needed for verification or if we need to contact you. Only your first name and your city (if provided) will be used in a story that is posted – not your last name.
Step 2: Story title
The title should provide information about the general subject or theme of your story, perhaps including your child’s diagnosis. This kind of information will help other site visitors find your story in the archive.
Step 3: Share your story
Fill out the “Your story” box in our form. You can use a maximum of 500 words.
If you would like to take time to work on your story before posting, you may want to draft your story in an electronic document. After you are satisfied with your story, you can return to our Web site later and cut and paste in your information.
Step 4: Agree to terms and conditions
You will need to check off a box – telling us that you have read and understand Children’s privacy statement – before your story can be submitted.
Please avoid the following, which can immediately disqualify your story from being used on the Web site:
- Potentially libelous statements.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Personal attacks, insults, or threats.
- Commercial product promotions.
- Information taken from another source without permission.
- Private, personal information relayed by a third party without the patient’s/ family’s consent. Examples: first and last name of patient or any health information that can identify the patient.
- Comments unrelated to the subject/spirit of the Web site.
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion.
- Uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any content that is considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.