Respiratory illness season inpatient visiting guidelines
Effective Tuesday, October 15, 2013 and until further notice, the following visitor guidelines have been put into place to protect patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Parents are welcome at all times and are not considered "visitors."
- Visiting hours for all others are between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Visitors, including siblings, may not visit if they have a fever, cough, sore throat or runny nose.
- Parents with mild respiratory symptoms may visit, and must wear a mask.
- Children under age 5 may not visit.
- Parents and visitors must be screened for wellness every day. Parents and visitors will receive and wear a badge with a green, yellow or red sticker. The stickers indicate:
Green - May visit, no mask required.
Yellow - May visit, but mask required.
Red - May not visit inpatient areas, mask required.
- No more than four people may visit at any one time – this includes parents, siblings, and other visitors.
- Parents and visitors without a badge may not enter patient care areas.
- All parents and visitors are expected to do hand hygiene at the point of wellness screening and before entering the patient room.
- Parents or visitors may be asked to wear a mask while in the hospital.
- Staff may be seen wearing masks for their protection and for the safety of the patient.
- Parents or visitors will be asked to leave the hospital if they do not follow these guidelines and wear their mask as directed.
- In rare circumstances, exceptions to these guidelines may be possible. Parents can discuss this with your child's nurse or social worker.
Effective October 15, 2013