Experts who understand emotional landscapes
The behavioral health team at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is dedicated to improving kids' emotional well-being. Our specialists are experts at helping children and teens navigate emotional terrain and manage mental health issues.
Our team includes several types of caring professionals:
- Pediatric clinical psychologists are doctoral level specialists in the developmental and behavioral health of children and adolescents. We have psychologists on our team in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- Pediatric neuropsychologists are clinical psychologists with additional training in brain-behavior relationships in children. We have six neuropsychologists on our team.
- Pediatric psychiatrists are physicians who specialize in diagnosing and treating emotional and behavioral problems in children. Children's behavioral health team includes two psychiatrists.
- Pediatric nurse practitioners are advanced practice nurses who have advanced training and are board certified in development and mental health of children and adolescents. At Children's, we have three psychiatric nurse practitioners on our team.
- Doctoral interns and postdoctoral fellows are advanced psychology trainees who are advancing their learning by working with our experienced staff.
If you're visiting the Children's behavioral health program, keep an eye out for these key players: