C.H. Robinson Infusion Center
2530 Chicago Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Children's C.H. Robinson Infusion Center is the only pediatric cancer and blood disorders infusion center in Minnesota. Located within the clinic at Children's Specialty Center, the infusion center provides more than 5,000 infusion visits per year. Children's infusion center serves children and teens diagnosed with cancer or blood disorders as well as children or teens diagnosed with genetic disorders and other conditions.
Therapies and procedures include:
- Chemotherapy to treat cancer, blood disorders, and other conditions
- Enzyme replacement therapy
- Monoclonal antibody therapy
- Immunoglobulin therapy and other immune therapy
- Sedated lumbar puncture, bone marrow biopsy and intrathecal chemotherapy
- Transfusion of red blood cells or platelets
The dedicated cancer and blood disorders inpatient unit is newly renovated – enhancing the leading edge care we provide and our commitment to family-centered care. The recently renovated area features:
- 33 private, spacious rooms with private baths, sleeper sofas, workspaces, big-screen TVs, video games and refrigerators
- Class A isolation rooms
- Comfortable family and sibling play areas
Our staff includes 10 board-certified oncologists who lead our multi-disciplinary team of more than 200 staff members. We provide a full range of clinical care along with nurse practitioners, nurses, child life specialists, social workers, nutritionists, pharmacists, psychologists, physical therapists, patient liaison for non-English speaking patients, and more.
In addition to the core team, Children's on-site subspecialty physicians – include pediatric geneticists, pathologists, psychologists, physiatrists, surgeons, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, and complementary and alternative medicine services – regularly participate in each patient's care.
Minneapolis inpatient unit phone: (612) 813-6144.
Care Closer to Home
The Care Closer to Home program nurtures partnerships between referring providers in your community and Children's blood disorders and cancer experts and helps families receive care closer to home when possible.
The program allows our board-certified hematology/oncology physicians to see patients at outreach clinics, including:
- St. Cloud
Pediatric Short Stay & Infusion Unit at CentraCare Health Plaza
1900 CentraCare Circle
St. Cloud, MN 56303
- Hudson, WI
Hudson Hospital and Clinics Infusion Center
405 Stageline Road
Hudson, WI 54016
(800) 993-2325 or (715) 531-6705
Children's Providers include:
Yoav Messinger, MD
Care Closer to Home program benefits for patients, families and their primary care providers include:
- Co-managed, coordinated care at Care Closer to Home outreach clinic locations when possible
- Access to Children's cancer and blood disorder experts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Care that is delivered following Children's treatment guidelines, protocols and recommendations
- Urgent care at the Care Closer to Home clinic locations for things like fever and neutropenia (low white blood cell counts)
- Regular outpatient visits with Children's oncologists and hematologists
- Regular communication between the primary care provider and Children's team
- Administration of select chemotherapy and blood products
- Antibiotic and fluid infusions
- Evaluation and treatment of fever and neutropenia
- Monitoring of side effects and complications from chemotherapy
- Medical evaluations
- Medical consultation
- Lab and radiology services
Appointments are scheduled through Children's outpatient clinic. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 612-813-5940.