Children's New Cardiovascular Center
A national leader in pediatric cardiovascular care, with world-class facilities.
Whether it's a common procedure or a pioneering surgery, Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota's team of cardiac experts consistently produce results among the best in the nation. Our commitment to providing the best pediatric cardiac care is enhanced with the opening of our world-class cardiovascular center, the only one of its kind in the Upper Midwest, in April 2010, offering patients and their families the highest level of pediatric cardiac care.
- Children's is the only hospital in the five-state region to offer all pediatric cardiac services in one location, giving patients and families convenience, comfort and familiarity with the expertise and consistency of the care team. The center includes inpatient care, diagnostics, outpatient and inpatient cardiac catherization, surgical procedures, follow-up services and more.
- On-site cardiac intensivists are dedicated to caring for and monitoring patients 24/7 -- no other center in the region offers this level of expertise.
- The Center has the highest level of technology available in the region, including a hybrid operating room, one of only a few nationwide, dedicated solely to pediatric patients.
- The Center is designed to serve as a second home for patients and families, with the latest amenities and conveniences to improve the care journey, minimizing room-to-room moves and family disruption.
- The Center has a dedicated cardiovascular team, including nurses, pediatric-registered echocardiography sonographers, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, social workers, child life specialists, chaplains, occupational therapists, physical therapists, dietitians, and technicians helps assure optimal outcomes and continuity of care.
Heart of a Champion
Tori Paone was born to dance. Even when Children's doctors diagnosed Tori with a rare form of congenital heart disease and underwent open-heart surgery, she pushed through -- competing just five weeks later, and winning a national championship just five months later. Four years later, Tori continues to dance, and celebrate her new beginning.