Midwest Fetal Care Center
As the frontiers of medicine expand, even the tiniest infants—including those still in their mother’s womb—may benefit from the earliest possible diagnosis, evaluation, and/or treatment of medical conditions.
The Midwest Fetal Care Center, the only center of its kind in the upper Midwest, offers diagnosis, consultation with experienced specialists, and treatment for a variety of conditions.
As a cooperative effort between several award-winning medical institutions, Midwest Fetal Care Center offers families:
- A collaborative team of some of the top experts in the region in maternal health, fetal health, and diagnosis and treatment of fetal conditions
- Seamless, coordinated care from diagnosis to treatment to after-care for both mom and baby
- Assistance in obtaining outside treatment where necessary. If treatments available at other hospitals are the best option for mom and/or baby, we’ll help you get where you need to go.
Clinical services offered
- Comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis, including fetal echocardiograms, ultrasounds, and other diagnostics
- Consultations with pediatric subspecialists, including pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons, neurosurgeons, urologists, geneticists, ENT surgeons, neonatologists, and others
- Fetal surgery, including the EXIT procedure (which involves surgery just prior to delivery) and fetoscopic laser ablation therapy (a laser surgery for Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome and other conditions)
- Newborn surgery for conditions best treated after birth
- Prenatal counseling to equip families with the information they need to make decisions for child and mom
- Family support services, including consultations with bioethicists, chaplains, social workers or others as desired
Conditions treated through the Midwest Fetal Care Center
- Chest anomalies
- Neurologic disorders
- Cardiac disease
- Twin-related conditions
- Fetal tumors
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Abdominal wall defects
- Genitourinary problems
- Facial/airway conditions