1,600 experts are just one call away
Children's Physician Access is available 24/7 with a representative on the line throughout the call to assist with referrals, consultations and admissions, and to provide general information.
» Call 612-343-2121 or 866-755-2121.
Send 'em our way
It's easy to refer a patient to Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
- Referring mom and baby before delivery: Pregnant women whose babies are at high risk for an early delivery or are expected to need medical treatment before birth should connect with our perinatal experts at 855-693-3825. We work closely together since they take special care of mom and we take special care of baby after birth.
- Referring baby after delivery: Are you treating a baby who may need care in our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) or other specialized nursery? Call Children's Physician Access at 612-343-2121 to speak with a neonatologist.
Setting the standard
Children's neonatal team created and implemented service standards to demonstrate our commitment to helping you provide the highest level of care to moms and babies.
Access to services
- Perinatologists and neonatologists available for consultation 24/7
- Same-day appointments for urgent perinatal needs
- Scheduling process that allows any provider to refer perinatal patients
- Same day in-hospital consults for perinatal patients and newborns (at The Mother Baby Center, United Hospital, Children's - St. Paul)
Timely and effective communication
Referring providers contacted:
- Within one business day of delivery by perinatologist and neonatologist
- By neonatologist within one business day of neonatal admission
- Weekly regarding patients with longer inpatient stays
Prompt test results
- Perinatal ultrasound:
- Results communicated to patient during visit
- Report faxed to provider within one business day
- Dictated report sent to referring provider within 24 hours following prenatal consult done by neonatologist
24-hour consultations, referrals or transport
- Perinatal – 855-693-3825
- Neonatal – 612-343-2121 or 866-755-2121
Further your education
We invite medical professionals to visit our neonatal intensive care units to share their knowledge and further their careers. Children's regularly hosts pediatricians from the U.S. and abroad, as well as nurses and other neonatology specialists. Medical students, residents and fellows also are invited to arrange individual rotations that will help them learn and achieve their goals.
Let's work together. Call us at 612-813-6295 (Minneapolis) or 651-220-6260 (St. Paul) to talk with us about your options.