As part of the comprehensive care provided by our Cleft & Craniofacial Center, prenatal/pre-adoption consultations help families prepare for the birth or adoption of a child with clefting or craniofacial anomalies.
What to expect during a Prenatal/Pre-adoption Consult
During a prenatal/pre-adoption consult, families meet with one of our pediatric nurse practitioners. The goal of this consult is to:
- Help you prepare for your child’s birth or adoption
- Answer any questions you may have
- Provide information about your child’s diagnosis
- Discuss special feeding needs
- Provide information about our Craniofacial Center
- Provide additional resources to help support your family
How to schedule an appointment
Prenatal/Pre-Adoption consults may be scheduled by contacting the Cleft & Craniofacial Center clinic assistant at (612) 813-6888.
The Cleft Palate Foundation “Cleftline,” (800) 242-5338.