The Center for the Treatment of Eating Disorders provides evidence-based treatment interventions for eating disorders with an emphasis on collaboration with families and referring providers.
Children’s is the only hospital-based eating disorders program in the Twin Cities to offer immediate access for medical stabilization.
Early diagnosis of eating disorders and intervention significantly improves outcomes. Children’s inpatient programs and outpatient programs are family-centered and specifically tailored for children, adolescents and adults. After a comprehensive evaluation, our treatment team works collaboratively to customize your treatment plan. If you have medical complications you may require inpatient treatment. If you are medically stable, we will work to help you make changes as an outpatient using individual, group, and family therapy. A new program in collaboration with Abbott Northwestern Hospital provides care to adult patients.
Treatment for children, adolescents and adults
- Family-based treatment for eating disorders
- Cognitive behavioral therapy-enhanced
- Interpersonal therapy
- Cognitive remediation therapy
- Motivation, self –esteem, and skill building approaches
- Immediate access to hospitalists and specialists for medical stabilization
- Comprehensive treatment for anxiety disorders, and mood disorders, which may
co-occur with eating disorders
Locations and Staff
Children's Minneapolis campus
- Inpatient Care - 6th Floor
- Outpatient Clinic - 910 Building, 910 E 26th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404 612-813-7179