General Pediatrics Clinic
Welcome to the General Pediatric Clinic at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
The General Pediatric Clinic serves as a medical home, or health care home to children of all ages who have routine as well as complex medical needs. We also provide your child with primary care, screenings and immunizations and offer parenting education to our families.
What is a health care home? It’s not a building, house or a hospital. Rather, it is a coordinated team approach to providing high-quality health care in a cost-effective way that is accessible, continuous, compassionate, comprehensive and centered around family, culturally effective. Our clinic has been licensed as a Health Care Home by the State of Minnesota since 2010 and maintains this certification.
Our team is made up of interdisciplinary health care providers.
From board-certified physicians and certified nurse practitioners to registered nurses and social workers, Children’s team of professionals serves to meet the entire needs of patients and their families. All of our pediatricians are certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and our nurse practitioners are certified either by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board.
We strive to use the elements of Patient-Family-Centered Care:
- Respect and dignity
- Information sharing
The General Pediatric Clinic at Children’s serves children through age 21, and may see patients with complex medical needs beyond age 21 to provide continuity of care.
Our general pediatrics services include:
- Newborn care
- Well-child care, including immunizations
- Care and treatment for acute illness and injury like sore throat, colds, minor scrapes and sprains
- Chronic childhood illnesses such as asthma, diabetes
- Care for children with behaviors problems such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), minor depression and anxiety
- Care of children with complex chronic medical problems
- Labs/X-rays for acute illness and injury
- Inpatient care at Children’s Hospitals
- Referrals to specialists or consultants when needed
Community Collaboration Partnership
At Children’s, the General Pediatric Clinic also provides follow-up care for hospital patients once they get to go home. Our medical team is available to consult with patients either by phone or in clinic. We also consult with your primary care provider to care for children whose medical needs require more than can be accomplished at a visit to their home clinic.