With one of the busiest pediatric emergency programs in the country, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota cares for pediatric patients from time of injury through rehabilitation. Children’s pediatric trauma services has broad experience and the expertise to treat a wide range of trauma cases in facilities that cater exclusively to the needs of children.
- Exclusively pediatric designated level III trauma center
- More than 80,000 pediatric emergency department visits per year
- The seventh busiest pediatric emergency departments (Minneapolis/ St. Paul) in the nation
- 24/7 coverage of board-certified pediatric intensivists
- 40 pediatric emergency department physicians
- 32 pediatric intensive care unit beds
- 20 step-down pediatric intensive care unit beds
- 127 neonatal intensive care unit beds
- More than 20,000 surgical cases per year
- Pediatric specific rehabilitation services
- Active in pediatric research
- Pediatric and young adult extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for severe lung injury
UnitedHealthcare gives Children's $17.5 million gift to enhance trauma care
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota announced a $17.5 million philanthropic gift from Minnetonka-based UnitedHealthcare – the largest single gift Children’s has ever received. This gift will enhance trauma care for children across the region by supporting the creation of a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center at Children’s of Minnesota’s Minneapolis campus. It also will fund a significant part of the newly expanded UnitedHealthcare Pediatric Emergency Department at Children’s in Minneapolis. Watch the video at right to learn more about how this gift will impact the community.
Pediatric Trauma Services
Children’s pediatric trauma services offers continuous coverage by board-certified pediatric intensivists and has 40 pediatric emergency department physicians. Among the diagnoses treated by Children’s pediatric trauma services are:
Making Safe Simple
We love kids here at Children's. But we'd rather see them safe at home. That's why we've gathered safety and injury-prevention tips from our very own experts. Share these tips with your kids and print them to share at their schools or with your friends. Together, we can make safe simple.
Find ways to keep your kids safe at home, at play and on the way on our Making Safe Simple pages.