Meet the team with medicine know-how
The pharmacy team at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota includes more than 120 trained professionals with expertise in neonatal and pediatric critical care, cardiovascular critical care, inpatient and outpatient hematology and oncology, epilepsy, and general and emergency medicine, among other fields.
Children's pharmacy team includes:
- Licensed pharmacists, experts in mixing and filling prescription medications and helping make sure patients understand how to take them
- Pharmacy technicians, friendly assistants you'll spot in our on-site pharmacies, busily helping our pharmacists fill your child's medications
- Hematology/oncology pharmacists, who are trained in preparing and planning treatments for cancer and blood disorders
- Pharmacotherapy specialists, who have had additional training in medication safety
- Nutrition support pharmacists, who are trained to care for patients who need extra nutritional support, such as parenteral nutrition (a solution put right into the bloodstream)
- Neonatal pharmacists, experts in treating premature infants
- Pediatric intensive care unit pharmacists, who specialize in preparing medications for children in the intensive care unit
- Emergency medicine pharmacists, who are specifically trained to treat patients in the emergency room
Keep your eyes peeled for Children's pharmacist-in-chief
If you're visiting one of our on-site pharmacies, be sure to keep an eye out for Diane Alexander, PharmD, director of the pharmacy department.
See profiles for all the pharmacists.