The pediatric urology surgery team at Children's provides next-generation care to neonatal infants, newborns, children, and adolescents from throughout the upper Midwest. The team consistently performs some of the most cutting-edge procedures available in urology surgery, such as newborn surgery, robotic surgery, and the largest program of implantation of interstimulation devices in the Upper Midwest.
Our goal is to provide your child with the best possible surgery experience. At Children's:
- Your child's surgery is performed by a team of pediatric urology professionals who specialize in the unique needs of children.
- Your child's pain is managed by an interdisciplinary pain management team.
- Your child's care includes the latest in urology surgical techniques, technology, and training.
- Your child's team considers you to be part of your child's care team, because you know your child best.
Resources for families:
The follow information may be helpful to families preparing specifically for urologic surgery. View a searchable directory of general patient/family educational materials.
- Anesthesia: Questions and answers (Somali) (Spanish)
- Caudal block
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernias
- Cytoscopy: Care at home
- Drinking liquids: Helpful hints for you and your child
- Eating and drinking before anesthesia or sedation (Somali) (Spanish)
- Epidural analgesia
- Helping children cope with medical procedures
- Hernias and hydrocele
- Imperforate anus
- Information for Parents about Integrative Medicine
- Intravenous therapy
- Keeping your child safe at Children's (Hmong) (Somali) (Spanish)
- Medicine Safety (Spanish)
- Mobility changes: Helping children cope
- Nitrous oxide for sedation (Spanish)
- Pain in children and adolescents (Hmong) (Somali) (Spanish)
- Pain in infants (Hmong) (Somali) (Spanish)
- Patient controlled analgesia
- Peripherally inserted central catheter: Care at home (Spanish)
- Renal scan
- Sedation for a procedure (Spanish)
- Sedation: Extended observation
- Urinary tract infection
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Voiding cystourethrogram: Fact sheet for boys
- Voiding cystourethrogram: Fact sheet for girls
- Wound care (Hmong) (Somali) (Spanish)
Urology surgery is performed at the following Children's locations:
- If you are a family member looking for a Children's specialist in urology surgery, please visit Find a Doctor.
- If you are a health professional looking for a consultation or referral information, please call Children's Physician Referral at 1-866-755-2121 (toll-free).