About Dental, Oral, and Maxillofacial Surgery at Children’s
The dental, oral and maxillofacial surgery team at Children's provides next-generation care to neonatal infants, newborns, children, and adolescents from throughout the Upper Midwest. The team performs dental surgery as well as dental treatment under anesthesia, if appropriate.
Our goal is to provide your child with the best possible surgery and/or anesthesia experience.
- Your child's procedure is performed by a team of professionals who specialize in the unique needs of children.
- If necessary, your child's pain is managed by an interdisciplinary pain management team.
- Your child's care includes the latest in surgical techniques, technology, and training.
- Your child's team invites you to be part of your child's care team, because you know your child best.
Additional information for families
- Conditions that may require dental, oral, or maxillofacial surgery
- If dental treatment requires anesthesia
- Review educational materials for families facing dental, oral, or maxillofacial surgery
Dental, oral, and maxillofacial surgery is performed at the following Children's locations:
- Children's – Minneapolis
- Children's – St. Paul
- Children's - Minnetonka
- If you are a family member looking for a Children's specialist in dental, oral, and maxillofacial surgery, or pediatric dentistry requiring anesthesia, please visit Find a Doctor.
- If you are a health professional looking for a dental, oral, or maxillofacial consultation or referral information, please call Children's Physician Access at 1-866-755-2121 (toll-free).