About Gastrointestinal Surgery at Children’s
The gastrointestinal surgery team at Children's provides next-generation care to newborns, infants, children, and adolescents from throughout the Upper Midwest. Our goal is to provide your child with the best possible surgery experience.
More than 2,000 gastrointestinal procedures are performed by our medical and/or surgical teams each year, including upper gastrointestinal endoscopies, 24-hour esophageal pH monitoring, colonoscopies, sigmoidoscopies, proctoscopies, liver biopsies, small bowel biopsies, esophageal dilation, placement of jejunal feeding tubes, endoscopic/percutaneous gastrostomy placements, and a wide range of therapeutic surgeries. At Children's:
- Your child's surgery is performed by a team of professionals who specialize in the unique needs of children.
- Your child's pain is managed by an interdisciplinary pain management team.
- Your child's care includes the latest in surgical techniques, technology, and training.
- Your child's care providers consider you to be part of your child's care team, because you know your child best.
Additional Information for families
- Common conditions that may require gastrointestinal surgery
- Read a story about a gastrointestinal surgery patient
- Review educational materials for families facing gastrointestinal surgery
Invasive gastrointestinal procedures may be performed at the following Children's locations
- Children's – Minneapolis
- Children's – St. Paul
- If you are a family member looking for a Children's specialist in gastrointestinal surgery, please visit Find a Doctor.
- If you are a health professional looking for a pediatric GI consultation or referral information, please call Children's Physician Referral at 1-866-755-2121 (toll-free).