Helping Kids Prepare for Surgery
Getting Ready for Surgery
Here are some things you can do to help get ready for your surgery. If you click on a highlighted word you'll get more information about that word.
- Come see the hospital ahead of time by coming going on a tour during the pre-surgery program. It's a great way to get your questions answered by actually seeing where you are going.
- Check out the pre-surgery video.
- Read some great books about hospitals and having surgery. (Look at our online coloring book)
- Find out if you will be missing school and talk to your teacher about getting homework.
- Find out what your pre-surgery eating and drinking guidelines (NPO) times are so you know when you should stop eating or drinking on the day of surgery. Your mom or dad can help you do this.