Helping Teens Prepare for Surgery
Questions Asked During Pre-Op screening
Here are the questions your parents may need to answer and questions you will be asked privately.
- Do you have any allergies?
- Do you have any loose/capped teeth?
- Are you wearing any type of oral appliances such as braces, retainer, or mouth piercing?
- Are you wearing any nail polish?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts?
- Are you wearing any jewelry?
- Did you bring any personal belongings you want with you during surgery?
- Have you started menstruation? If yes, when was your last menstrual period?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you use drugs?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Do you have any body piercing? (Generally, these will need to be removed before surgery.)