Helping Teens Prepare for Surgery
Here is a checklist with suggestions of things you can do to get ready for your surgery. Click on the highlighted words for more information.
- Check out the pre-surgery video online
- Go to the pre-surgery program location where you will be having surgery and talk to staff. You'll learn more about what will happen during your stay.
- Find out if you're going to miss any school and work it out with your teachers to get your assignments
- If you are going to need a special diet, like clear liquids, it helps to go to the grocery store ahead of time. Stock up with your favorites.
- Find out what your eating and drinking (NPO) guidelines are so you know what and when to stop eating and drinking. For your safety it is very important to follow these guidelines!