Not far behind the new year come New Year’s resolutions. People everywhere make plans to write that new chapter tomorrow in the form of diet, exercise or habits. But what about New Year’s resolutions for kids?
Dr. Gigi Chawla, senior medical director of primary care at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, shares some ideas.
Top 10 New Year’s resolutions for kids
10. Go out of your way to do one act of kindness every day.
9. Read every night before bed.
8. Drink one more glass of water each day and avoid sugary drinks.
7. Get an extra 30 minutes of sleep each night.
6. Plant a garden and enjoy fresh produce with lunch or dinner.
5. Write and send a letter in the mail each month to a family member or friend.
4. As a famiy, learn about a different culture each month and find a way to celebrate or support it.
3. Expand your friendship circle by inviting a new friend on a play date each month.
2. Name two things you are thankful for every night at dinner or before bed.
1. Start a family giving jar. Put extra change in throughout the year and donate at the end of the year.