Walk for Amazing is still on. But instead of meeting up at U.S. Bank Stadium, we’re rallying our families at home. You’re invited to walk, play, climb, dance — whatever gets your heart pumping — and raise money for Children’s Minnesota.
About the event
Even though we’re going virtual this year, Walk for Amazing remains a celebration of our extended family — our patients, their care teams, siblings, parents and everyone who believes that kids deserve amazing health care.
It’s a chance to share stories, connect with others and do some good. Now more than ever, in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, Children’s Minnesota is relying on the support of the community to continue to deliver a special kind of kid-focused care, safely and effectively.
How it works
We’re moving from a one-day walk to a month-long campaign of healthy and fun activities. May 30 is still the big day — the culmination of all our fundraising efforts and time to celebrate. On that day, we’ll wear our shirts, share photos, honor our accomplishments and maybe even go live with special guests. But the fun starts right now.
- Log on to the online fundraising platform to create a page and set the goal of doing a healthy activity each day until May 30. We’ll have weekly themes to keep your family inspired.
- Reach out to your community and ask them to support your efforts with a donation. Ask them to get involved too!
- As you complete your activities, share photos and stories with your fundraising network. We’d also love to see your photos on the Virtual Walk for Amazing Facebook Group.
- Expect to get regular encouragement from special friends of Children’s Minnesota (and maybe a few surprise guests!).
- If you raise at least $100, you’ll receive a t-shirt in the mail for each participant in your household.
Good news: There’s no registration fee for the Virtual Walk for Amazing. If you have already paid a registration fee, you have the choice to redirect it as a tax-deductible donation to a fund of your choice at Children’s Minnesota, or have it refunded.
Weekly events and themes
Theme: Family time
Theme: Get outdoors
Theme: Health and wellness
May 30 – Virtual Walk for Amazing!
Support a walker or team!
Make a donation to a Walk for Amazing individual or team and make an immediate impact on the kids and families we serve at Children’s Minnesota. On the Donate page, choose “Change Recipient” to search for the name of the team or person.
Want to make a general donation? Simply leave the donation recipient as Urgent Hospital and Patient Needs. Thank you!
Become a Virtual Walk for Amazing sponsor
Any business can become a sponsor of our Virtual Walk for Amazing event. All you have to do is pick the sponsorship opportunity you would like to participate in. We have five levels: Presenting sponsor ($25,000), Platinum Star ($15,000), Gold Star ($10,000), Silver Star ($5,000) and Bronze Star ($2,500).
Is your company interested? Contact Barbie Hentges via email at [email protected].