Children’s Minnesota cares for nearly 1,000 kids every year living with cancer – more than any other hospital in the state. But that’s not all! We care for their parents and siblings, too. Because stronger families make for stronger patients.
That’s exactly why our Cancer Kids Fund was created. This fund supports everything from our Sibling Play Area to therapies like art and massage. It also covers a family’s everyday expenses like meals and parking and, when needed, big things like mortgage payments. The fund also supports research to find new, better treatments.
How can I help kids with cancer at Children’s Minnesota?
Join our Shine Bright for Cancer Kids Campaign
Shop. Eat. Drink. Fight cancer. This September, you can Shine Bright for Cancer Kids by donating online or shopping with over 30 participating businesses. These businesses have joined us in the fight against childhood cancer. Each business is offering a certain discount, promotion or deal for you to take part in!
Crowdfund for Children’s Minnesota
Start a fundraiser for Children’s Minnesota by inviting your friends, family, neighbors and network to support the cancer and blood disorders program.
The Weeds, a Children’s Minnesota patient family, have generously offered to donate $100 for each new crowdfunding page — up to $2,500.
Donate directly to the Cancer Kids Fund
Donate directly to the Cancer Kids Fund to help kids and their families cope during an extraordinarily difficult time.
What will my donation to the Cancer Kids Fund do?
You make life easier for patients by:
- Including psychologists, music therapists and child life specialists in their care team.
- Comforting them throughout treatment.
- Arranging visits from special guests like the Science Museum of Minnesota and celebrations like end-of-therapy parties.
- Making sure kids have art supplies, toys and games to keep them smiling.
You help parents and families cope by:
- Providing chaplains, interpreters and social workers.
- Covering family’s expenses, such as parking and meals and, when needed, big things like mortgage payments.
- Giving siblings a place to play while staying close through our Great Clips™ Sibling Play Area and the Child Life Zone.
- Making overnight stays more comfortable.
Consider making a gift today to support the Cancer Kids Fund, providing these services and more to ease the cancer and blood disorders journey for patients and their families.