Congratulations to Latasha Lee, RN, on her appointment by Governor Tim Walz to the Minnesota Board of Nursing!
Latasha is a nurse on the Minneapolis float team who joined Children’s Minnesota in November 2019 and is an active member of the Black Employee Empowerment Network employee resource group. In her new position, Latasha will support the board’s mission by:
- Carrying out activities authorized by Minnesota statutes and rules (licensing, discipline, and program approval).
- Fostering knowledge relevant to the needs of the public and to the education and practice of nursing.
- Formulating and influencing effective public policy related to nursing practice.
- Pursuing collaborative alliances with the public, including consumers of nursing care, nurses, employers, educators, state agencies, and legislators.
- Disseminating information to the public and to nurses.
- Operating an agency which utilizes human and fiscal resources efficiently and effectively.