Children’s Minnesota held a virtual webinar on Jan. 29, 2021 titled, COVID-19 and kids: The next chapter. We held this webinar to inform the health offices of Minneapolis and St. Paul Public Schools with the current COVID-19 information, including latest research within pediatric population and updates regarding vaccine development and distribution for children. Offer clinical insights on students’ return to school.
This webinar discussed the following topics, along with a Q&A after.
- Provide epidemiological trends.
- Review COVID-19 clinical trends in pediatrics including new COVID variant.
- Share updates on pediatric vaccine landscape.
- Inform preparation for students’ return to school – key topics to include:
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) decision tree and triage process: Recognition that common reasons for health office visits are also known COVID-19 symptoms.
- COVID-19 and chronic disease management: Potential impact for higher-risk populations.
- Creating safer environments: Effective PPE use and other resources to help mitigate risk.
- Pam Ross, JD, MHA, director, community health programs, Children’s Minnesota.
- Aimee Sznewajs, MD, medical director, department of pediatric hospital medicine, Children’s Minnesota.
- Joe Kurland, MPH, CIC, infection preventionist, Children’s Minnesota.
- Amber Spaniol, BSN, RN, PHN, LSN, director of nursing services, Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Mary Langworthy, M.Ed, BSN, RN, LSN, NCSN, director of health and wellness, St. Paul Public Schools.
Watch the virtual webinar
Watch COVID-19 and kids: The next chapter on Webex.
Please make sure you are using Chrome or another to browser to access – not Internet Explorer.