- We are offering tests for kids for any reason – whether they’re heading back to sports or school, or they’ve been exposed to a person who has COVID-19. Your child can get a test whether they have symptoms of COVID-19 or not.
Here’s what you need to know about our COVID-19 tests for kids.
COVID-19 tests for kids
- A visit with a provider is required before getting a COVID-19 test at a Children’s Minnesota primary care clinic.
- A scheduled appointment for a COVID-19 test is required at six clinics: Burnsville, Edina, Hugo, Plymouth, Shakopee and St. Paul.
- Walk-in COVID-19 testing with a provider visit is available at the clinics in Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove, Minneapolis, Rogers, St. Louis Park and West St. Paul.
- The Minneapolis primary care clinic also offers drive-up COVID-19 testing with a provider visit. An appointment is required. Call 612-813-6107 to schedule a drive-up COVID-19 test.
- Without symptoms: Kids without symptoms will get their COVID-19 test results in two to three days.
- With symptoms: Kids with symptoms will receive their test results in an hour.
- Negative results: Beginning Feb. 22, 2021, negative COVID-19 test results will be sent through MyChildren’s, our patient portal. Sign up at your next appointment or call 612-813-6216.
- Positive results: A provider will call or text you about positive COVID-19 test results.
As stated above, you do need to visit a provider at Children’s Minnesota before getting your child a COVID-19 test. Please check with your provider on coverage as it can vary by plan.