Children's Minnesota in the News
Children’s Minnesota is thrilled to announce the organization’s neurosurgery program was recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of 54 hospitals and health systems with spine and neurosurgery programs to watch. According to the online health care publication, Children’s Minnesota joins other health systems nationwide that:
- Earned national recognition for having top spine and neurosurgery programs.
- Offer cutting-edge surgical techniques.
- Are dedicated to expanding their neurosurgical care capabilities to improve patient care locally and nationally.
Children’s Minnesota’s pediatric neurosurgery program is the only one in the area that’s part of a comprehensive health system dedicated exclusively to children. The program cares for more kids than any other neurosurgery program in the Upper Midwest. Among the qualifications to earn a position on Becker’s Hospital Review’s list of 54 hospitals and health systems with spine and neurosurgery programs to watch, Children’s Minnesota’s neurosurgery program:
- Is home to one of the largest pediatric epilepsy centers in the country, and the only pediatric Level 4 epilepsy center in Minnesota.
- Has the largest pediatric central nervous system (CNS) tumor program in Minnesota.
- Actively participates in nationwide research projects designed to improve care.
The timing of this recognition by Becker’s Hospital Review coincides with Children’s Minnesota opening a new intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging (iMRI) neurosurgery suite at our Minneapolis hospital. Once operational in early 2023, Children’s Minnesota will be the only health system in North America to have a pediatric iMRI neurosurgery suite equipped with both moving-scanner and moving-patient MRI technology in the same surgical space.
Learn more about the iMRI suite, its state-of-the art technology, and how the community can help support both the iMRI suite and neurosciences program at Children’s Minnesota.