About Children’s Minnesota
At Children’s Minnesota, we get to see amazing every day. The fighting spirit of a 24-week-old preemie. The resilient five-year-old learning to walk again. And the sense of pure optimism we see in every child. We believe children are the most amazing people on earth—and that drives us to do everything we can to live up to the privilege of caring for them.
Children’s Minnesota is:
- One of the largest freestanding pediatric health systems in the United States—with two hospitals, 12 primary care clinics and six rehabilitation and nine specialty care sites.
- The only health system and Level I Trauma Center in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children from before birth through young adulthood.
- An award-winning health system, regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital.
- An independent and not-for-profit system (since 1924).
Learn about our long history of serving patients and families in the Twin Cities and how it impacts our future.
Find out about the metrics we use to report on the quality of care we provide to patients and the outcomes that matter to families.
See how research conducted at Children’s impacts kids across the country.
The Clinical Ethics Department offers 24/7 clinical ethics consultations to assist in clarifying ethical dilemmas.
Learn about how our innovation and partnerships team works.
Meet our executive team, Hospital Board of Directors and Foundation Board of Directors.
Mission, vision and values
At Children’s Minnesota our mission is: We champion the health needs of children and families. We are committed to improving children’s health by providing the highest-quality, family-centered care, advanced through research and education.
It’s our goal to be every family’s essential partner in raising healthier children — not only during illnesses or injuries, but throughout childhood. As the health care industry faces a time of unprecedented change, we will continue our dedication to delivering an experience unlike any other, making access to health care easier and working with the community in innovative ways. Learn more about The Children’s Way.
These values guide the way we engage with each other, our patients and our communities:
- Kids first. We’re inspired by children — we channel their optimism, resiliency, courage and curiosity into everything we do.
- Listen, really listen. Each person has a story to tell. We listen with compassion, ask meaningful questions and build relationships with individuals and communities.
- Own outcomes. We are 200% accountable for providing extraordinary service. Tireless in our pursuit of excellence, we never stop learning or improving.
- Join together. We are all caregivers. And, we are stronger when teamed with our patients, families, community and one another. Super teams trump superheroes.
- Be remarkable. We are innovators, reimagining health care and going beyond what’s expected. After all, kids are counting on us.
Learn more about how we are bringing the values to life in our community:
Patient and family-centered care
At Children’s Minnesota, we practice a philosophy of care that respects the pivotal role of the family as the constant in a child’s life. We know families are the experts about their children, the primary caregivers and the child’s biggest source of support. As a result, we encourage families and patients to participate as active members of the health care team.