Children’s Minnesota Walk for Amazing is more than just a walk. It’s a chance for our community to celebrate and raise funds to support the most amazing people on Earth – kids. Every dollar raised helps support the Children’s Minnesota mission of championing the special health needs of children and their families. Funds raised can be designated to any clinical care or support program at Children’s.
In 2018, Walk for Amazing was created, bringing together several separate fundraising events, such as HeartBeat 5000 and Baby Steps 3K, into one large community event at U.S. Bank Stadium. In its first year, Walk for Amazing brought together 2,000 people to raise money and show support for Children’s Minnesota and the kids and families it serves.
How it works
- Register: Participate as an individual, create or join a team.
- Fundraise: Set a goal to raise funds for Children’s Minnesota or the clinical area of your choice, then invite friends and family to contribute.
- Walk: Join thousands at U.S. Bank Stadium to walk in honor kids and show support for Children’s Minnesota.
- Make an impact: All proceeds go to Children’s Minnesota and the amazing kids cared for each day.
Many of the things that make Children’s Minnesota special are only possible because of contributions from people like you. For example, your contributions help cover the costs for those who otherwise can’t afford medical care for their children. Or pay for the unique aspects of care that are not covered by insurance — like language interpreters for families who have limited English proficiency or art therapy. And of course donors also help advance the medical care and innovation our community depends on for the health and well-being of its children.
A few more details:
- Any family is welcome – and you can give to any program at Children’s Minnesota that holds a special place in your heart.
- All proceeds go to Children’s Minnesota Foundation to support clinical care, charity care and wrap-around support services at Children’s Minnesota hospitals and clinics.
- There are opportunities for families with similar experiences to connect with one another as well as care team members from Children’s.
- And many ways to honor or remember the amazing kids in your life.