About Recipes for Kids With Diabetes
Just like everyone else, kids who have diabetes should eat a variety of healthy foods. But they may need to pay extra attention to the amount of carbohydrates they eat to maintain control of their blood sugar levels.
A diabetes educator and dietitian selected these 18 recipes for kids who have diabetes, but they can be enjoyed by anyone looking for nutritious meals and snacks.
- Quick Pickles
- Spicy Black Bean Cilantro Dip
- Club Wrap
- Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich
- Breakfast on the Go
- Crock-Pot Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
Lunch or Dinner
- Baked Salmon Sticks With Creamy Lemon-Dill Dip
- Five-Spice Chicken Salad Wrap
Lentils of the Southwest
- Salmon Salad
- Tomato Basil Pizza
- Turkey Tenderloin With Vegetables
- Vegetable Skillet Frittata
- Cocoa, Almond, and Oat Clusters
- PB & Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Graham Dip
- Orange Spritzer
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2017 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com