Pediatric Critical Care Transport Service
Our 24/7, neonatal and pediatric transport service is dedicated to safely transferring patients using the critical care expertise at Children’s Minnesota. Our interfacility transport service can transfer patients from other
Children’s Physician Access will help connect you to a Children’s physician and resources to make transportation arrangements.
Critical care services en route in our transport rigs
Our pediatric and neonatal ground transport team includes a critical care pediatric/neonatal nurse practitioner and respiratory therapist, in addition to paramedics. Our rigs are equipped to provide a variety of intensive care services, including:
- Full ventilatory and hemodynamic support
- Body cooling for infants who have experienced lack of oxygen during delivery
- Extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for infants/ children suffering respiratory or cardiac failure
- Berlin Heart support for infants and children suffering serious cardiac failure
- Dual isolette capabilities to care for twins
- Telemedicine technology to stay in touch with care teams at our facilities
Our transport expertise
Our pediatric transport teams includes dedicated staff who are highly trained to care for critically ill neonates and children, and are in-house 24/7 to provide safe transport and specialized care when and where it’s needed most. Their expertise and state-of-the-art equipment allow them to care for patients with a wide range of conditions. Their advanced skills allow them to do procedures like central line or chest tube placement while in transport.