The Department of Pediatric Emergency Medicine is comprised of our staff physicians, nurse practitioners, and ancillary staff. We are one of the largest groups in the nation. Both of our main hospitals are staffed 24/7/365 with BC/BE PEM physicians. In addition to a complete array of pediatric subspecialists, we have numerous resources available in our emergency departments including interpreter services, social services, child life specialists, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, medical scribes and research assistants.
Our Level I pediatric trauma center at Children’s Minneapolis is verified by the American College of Surgeons and is run in conjunction with our trauma surgeons and trauma physician assistants. Children’s is the only level 1 trauma center in the state of Minnesota, as well as parts of western Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota.
- Joe Arms, MD – Fellowship Program Director
- Kara Seaton, MD – Associate Fellowship Director
- Kelly Bergman, DO – Associate Fellowship Director, Research Director
- Cullen Hegarty, MD – Region’s Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
- Heather Pomeroy, Fellowship Coordinator
Emergency department leadership
- Anupam Kharbanda, MD, MSc – Chief, Division of Critical Care
- Robert Sicoli, MD – Co-Medical Director, Department of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- David Hirschman, MD – Co-Medical Director, Department of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Valerie Whitcomb, MD – Director of Emergency Ultrasound
Meet the faculty
Below is a list of our faculty in the Pediatric Emergency Fellowship program. Click on their names to view their profile.