The Department of Pediatric Emergency Medicine is comprised of our staff physicians, nurse practitioners, and ancillary staff. We are one of the largest groups in the nation. Both of our main hospitals are staffed 24/7/365 with BC/BE PEM physicians. In addition to a complete array of pediatric subspecialists, we have numerous resources available in our emergency departments including interpreter services, social services, child life specialists, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, medical scribes and research assistants.
Our Level I pediatric trauma center at Minneapolis Children’s is verified by the American College of Surgeons and is run in conjunction with our trauma surgeons and trauma physician assistants.
- Joe Arms, MD – Fellowship Program Director
- Anupam Kharbanda, MD, MSc – Associate Fellowship Director, Director of Research for Emergency and Trauma Services
- Robert Sicoli, MD – Co-Medical Director, Department of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- David Hirschman, MD – Co-Medical Director, Department of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Cullen Hegarty, MD – Region’s Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
- Valerie Whitcomb, MD – Director of Emergency Ultrasound