Simulation center resources:
When it comes to safety, we’re on a mission
Simulation is one of the most effective ways teams can prepare for high-risk, low-volume emergencies. That’s why we’ve made it a cornerstone of our safety practice at Children’s.
We’re here for our neighbors too. Since 2007, our mobile training center has made more than 70 visits to hospitals across Minnesota and Wisconsin, bringing advanced pediatric and neonatal training to our region.
Advantages that set us apart
It’s our smallest patients who sometimes need the most complex care, and Children’s prepares your team to provide just that. Here’s a sampling of what makes our program so outstanding:
- First mobile simulation center in the nation dedicated solely to pediatric and neonatal emergencies.
- Multi-faceted program delivered in three unique venues including a 5,000 square foot lab space at our training facility, a mobile simulation center and simulation that takes place in the actual clinical environment.
- Award-winning work on mass transfusion protocols recognized by the International Pediatric Simulation Symposia and Workshops.
- Zero adverse events during our transition to The Mother Baby Center after simulated trial runs.
- 70+ visits to critical access hospitals across the region to deliver pediatric and neonatal training to teams of healthcare professionals.
- Staff with specialized training in simulation and debriefing methods to facilitate interactive learning.
Mission and vision
Children’s simulation training center’s mission is to make healthcare safer for children by advancing patient safety within our own walls and delivering pediatric training to other healthcare teams within the region.
Our vision is to be this region’s pediatric simulation resource and contribute to Children’s reputation as a high reliability organization by:
- Offering training to healthcare organizations and healthcare professionals seeking to improve their response to pediatric emergencies and those seeking to develop as simulation based facilitators.
- Using the most advanced training technology and team science to advance patient safety efforts.
- Supporting healthcare research utilizing simulation.
Join the movement
Numerous studies have found high rates of medical errors in America’s hospitals. Pediatric patients are among the most vulnerable. Both The Joint Commission and the Institute of Medicine recommend formal team training to enhance clinical judgment and communication.
Children’s simulation center has the expertise to take your team to new levels of cohesion and preparedness. Together, we can rise to the challenge of caring for young lives when every second counts.
Schedule a simulation
If you’re looking to sharpen your critical event response skills, our simulation program was designed with you in mind. To schedule a simulation, call 612-813-6988 or email simcenter@childrensMN.org.