Finding new ways to improve comfort and care
At Children’s Minnesota, we focus on research and innovations that make a difference at the bedside. From improving day-to-day quality of life for children and teens, to developing new pain management approaches and adopting cutting-edge technologies, our research is completely kid and family-focused.
Children’s Minnesota is engaged in many types of research, including investigator-initiated studies (led by a Children’s clinician), as well as externally sponsored multicenter trials, observational studies and registries.
Research studies are ongoing in all areas of the hospital and clinics, but read more about gynecological research below:
- O’Flynn O’Brien KL, Cortes-Santiago N, Patil NM, Bercaw-Pratt JL. A Rare Case of Vulvar Superficial Angiomyxoma in a Pediatric Patient. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2020 Dec;33(6):727-729.
- Multidimensional Aspects of Female Sexual Function in Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia: A Case-Control Study. Dwiggins M, Brookner B, Fowler KG, et al. Journal of the Endocrine Society, Volume 4, Issue 11, November 2020, bvaa131, https://doi.org/10.1210/jendso/bvaa131
- O’Flynn O’Brien KL, Bhatia V, Homafar M, Gong YY, Winsten MT, Gerber J, Dietrich JE. The Prevalence of Müllerian Anomalies in Women with a Diagnosed Renal Anomaly. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2020 Nov 23:S1083-3188(20)30368-5. Epub ahead of print.
- Ovarian Histopathology in Transmasculine Persons on Testosterone: A Multicenter Case Series. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32703706/
- Grimstad FW, Fowler KG, New EP, Ferrando CA, Pollard RR, Chapman G, Gray M, Gomez Lobo V.Grimstad FW, et al. J Sex Med. 2020 Sep;17(9):1807-1818. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.05.029. Epub 2020 Jul 20.
- Grimstad F, Fowler KG, New EP, Ferrando CA, Pollard R, Chapman G, Gomez-Lobo V, Gray M. Uterine pathology in transmasculine persons on testosterone: a retrospective multicenter case series. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2019; 220 (3): e1-e7.
- Mullins, Eric & Miller, Rachel J & Kowalczyk Mullins, Tanya L. (2018). Abnormal Uterine Bleeding in Adolescent Women. Current Pediatrics Reports. 6. 1-9. 10.1007/s40124-018-0164-9.
- Schultz KAP, Miller RJ. Adnexal Masses in Infants and Children. Gynecologic and Obstetric Surgery: Challenges and Management Options. 1st Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2016.
- Kowalczyk-Mullins TL, Miller RJ, Mullins ES. Evaluation and Management of Adolescents with Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. Pediatric Annals. 2015;44(9):e218-e222.
- Hillman JB, Miller RJ, Inge TH. Menstrual concerns and intrauterine contraception among adolescent bariatric surgery patients. Journal of Women’s Health. 2011, 20(4):533-538.
- Miller RJ, Adams Hillard PJ. Primary and Secondary Amenorrhea. In: Altchek A, Deligdisch L, Eds.Pediatric, Adolescent and Young Adult Gynecology, 1st Edition. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd., 2009.
- Miller RJ and Breech LL. Surgical correction of vaginal anomalies. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2008, 51(2):223-236.
- Miller RJ. Oligomenorrhea. In: Adams-Hillard PJ Ed. The 5-Minute Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinical Consult. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2008.
- Miller RJ. Amenorrhea, Primary and Secondary. In: Adams-Hillard PJ Ed. The 5-Minute Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinical Consult. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.2008.